While we endure this phase of self-isolation because of the Coronavirus pandemic, many of us have more time and reason to cook our own food in our kitchen instead of depending on restaurants, food delivery systems or the services of our cook. We are trying to maximize our safety by ensuring our food is not contaminated, as well as that of others who would have to risk making the trip to your house. This is the perfect opportunity to prepare your own meals and keep yourself nourished, just like the talented Kaali actor, Paoli Dam. Paoli has been making some wholesome dishes in her kitchen, and loves using paneer. If you do too, read on, for we bring you 2 enticing paneer recipes today– Paneer Kebab Curry and Paneer Tikka Bahari!
Here is Paoli in the kitchen of her home in Ballygunge Circular Road:
With Paoli to inspire you, here is the first recipe you can try.
Paneer Kebab Curry
- Coriander powder
- Red chilli powder
- Plain yogurt
- Green chilli
- Grate the paneer thoroughly add cornflakes, salt to taste, red chilli powder, pasted ginger and onion, coriander powder, boiled and mashed potato, pepper, whipped plain yogurt and green chilli paste and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into patties, fry in oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil, mix pasted onion, tomato, split green chilli, pasted ginger, red chilli powder, salt and sugar to taste and whipped plain yogurt. Cook till you have a gravy reduction. Add fried onions and some water if you need to. The gravy is ready when the oil starts separating.
- Pour over the paneer kebab patties, garnish with grated cheese and fried onions.
- Serve a helping onto a plate and relish!
Paneer Tikka Bahari
- Tomato sauce
- Chida (flattened rice)
- Grate the paneer and add salt and sugar to taste, chopped garlic and ginger, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, grated cheese, onion paste, tomato sauce and mashed and boiled potato.
- Shape the mixture into balls and coat each with cornflour before frying in oil. Fry and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add chopped garlic and ginger, onion paste, sliced tomato, salt, sugar, red chilli powder and water, and reduce on a medium flame. Add green chilli paste, tomato sauce and soaked chida (flat rice) and mix well.
- Put the gravy and chida mix on a serving plate and place the fried paneer tikkas on it.
- Drizzle plain yogurt on the paneer and garnish with fried onions and green chillis.
- Now enjoy the delicious Paneer Tikka Bahari!
Which of these paneer recipes will you try first? Let us know in the comments below.
Will Maam stay away from Nikhil’s family? Find out in Krishnakoli only on ZEE5.
Get Live Updates on Coronavirus Outbreak on ZEE5 News.